Country Living Craft Forum
Thank you for registering. You may now start using the craft forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for registering. You may now start using the craft forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi-- New Here

3 posters

Go down

Hi-- New Here Empty Hi-- New Here

Post  michal Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi Y'all,

This is an awesome site someone has created! I just stumbled upon it while browsing for information about farming and such...

Anyway... I like to crochet! I write my own patterns, and create different designs like squares, diamonds, even butterflies (!) by "carrying" multiple strands at once. That way I never have to use scissors and break off to change colors. It's pretty cool. I like it so much that I almost can't crochet using just one strand anymore!

Currently I'm working on an area rug for the new house we're going to be moving into-- it has very light carpeting, and so I need to have an area rug down to help keep the carpet clean-- because we have dogs, and well, mud happens.

michal

Back to top Go down

Hi-- New Here Empty Re: Hi-- New Here

Post  Admin Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:32 am

It certainly sounds as if you have created a very unique technique! Perhaps you would like to upload some pictures and give others tips on how you do it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.countryfarm-lifestyles.com/craft-forum.html

Back to top Go down

Hi-- New Here Empty HI Ya'll from Mississippi

Post  historygurl Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:58 pm

I am so happy to have found this site and look forward to sharing my ideas for handmade crafts in the near future. I recently finished graduate school in Early American History in the field of material culture, followed by an internship at Jamestown, VA, where i worked as an interpreter at Jamestown Settlement. I fancy myself as well-informed about many of the  homesteading necessities practiced by early pioneer settlers and enjoy recreating these artisan works to trade at fairs and venues in support of keeping these skilled arts alive. I do hand-quilting and crafting, early basic clothing construction, early American cooking/baking, and am presently learning lye soap and candle-making. I love to share my knowledge of the history of these skilled arts, and hope to post some videos soon of projects I have finished, along with instructional tools for those interested in completing their own projects. See you soon!
historygurl
historygurl

Back to top Go down

Hi-- New Here Empty Welcome!

Post  Admin Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:54 am

So glad you dropped by and found us. This forum is slightly neglected as there as just not enough hours in a day, or lifetimes to do the things I need to do! Embarassed

So please feel free to contribute in any way you can!

Regards
Kathryn
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.countryfarm-lifestyles.com/craft-forum.html

Back to top Go down

Hi-- New Here Empty Re: Hi-- New Here

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: